Warning: Declaration of Profile_CCT_Checkbox_Walker::start_el(&$output, $category, $depth, $args, $id = 0) should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output, $object, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $current_object_id = 0) in /nfs/c02/h07/mnt/40647/domains/makingworlds.org/html/wp-content/plugins/profile-custom-content-type/views/fields/taxonomy.php on line 313

Warning: Declaration of Profile_CCT_Dropdown_Walker::start_el(&$output, $category, $depth, $args, $id = 0) should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output, $object, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $current_object_id = 0) in /nfs/c02/h07/mnt/40647/domains/makingworlds.org/html/wp-content/plugins/profile-custom-content-type/views/fields/taxonomy.php on line 340
Minutes | Making Worlds, Building the Commons in NYC

Making Worlds is a collaborative effort by Occupy Wall St and other groups and individuals to explore the utility of the commons in creating a better world
Hashtag: #MWForum13

Minutes

Minutes for Saturday, June 22 meeting

1. We agreed on finishing the document on the forum. This document is just a way of summarize what was discussed then, just to offer people who were not there a clear summary of the discussions. At the same time, once the document is finished, we can send it to participants, and everyone we want,...

Meeting Minutes March 23, 2013

0 -Paper rolls or Blackboard with things we need, asking for volunteers for different tasks – and also with the SCHEDULE AND THE QUESTIONS (separate) Begonia will do it 1-press release (where to send, who will take care of it — the docu is ready) -Jeff will send it – maybe Bahare – and Marcos...

Minutes for Saturday, March 16 2013

Agenda 16 March – 2013: meeting at Brooklyn Commons 1- Update on confirmed attendees (what groups are? how to connect them, structure the sessions, etc.? – Make a separate googledoc for confirmed organizations. We will use this as a template for putting names of orgs and groups at MW website. – That list will include:...

Minutes for Saturday, March 9 2013

Right now, we have to reach out to the most people possible. If possible, it can be very helpful and effective to personalize invitiations and specify why we are inviting each group (what do we want them to share, to talk about, specific projects, not so much the org in general).   Logistics – Tape,...

Minutes, February 23 2013

At Goethe House: present: Ina, Begonia, Susanna, Vicente, Melanie, Antonio, JanetM, Marcos, JanetK Decision to meet every week until forum: next meeting Sat. Mar. 2, 4 PM Goethe House, 5 E. 3rd Street (at Bowery). Title of forum: Building the Commons, but Vicente suggested Weaving the Commons, which some people felt was a closer description...

Minutes February 9, 2013

Meeting Minutes  Feb 9, 2012 Attendees: Janet M, Kara, David, Antonio, Vicente, Susanna, Maria B, Begonia, Luis, Maleni, Max *I. Feb 14th – Making Worlds Thursday Event. @ 16 Beaver w/  Isidro and Alexa* V- We’ve been in touch with Beaver. S- We were thinking to talk about commons charters, Isidro is part of the...

Minutes January 27, 2013

A couple of comments regarding functioning of the group, meetings, etc. In order to avoid confusion and to make things easier to plan, we discussed the need for having a permanent meeting space and time. It was also discussed the possibility of meeting every two weeks, and not every week.   After those comments, we...

Minutes 09-01-2012

Minutes Making Worlds September 1 2012 Present: Marcos, Begonia, Vicente, Susana, Rachel, Francis, Bahereh, Maleny   Organization: Marcos will buy the website makingworlds.org, bring a server and host a lesson in building the site in a future meeting. Vicente made a smaller googlegroup for more local information on meetings etc., freeing the larger email group...

Minutes 08-25-2012

Minutes for Making Worlds (MW) 8/25 meeting at Sunset Park: (Susana, Begonia, Rebecca, Jim, Ron, Antonio, Ina, Maria, Janet, Frances and John)   Agenda: Report on URPE conference Reply to Future of Occupy group Momenta forum MW Forum: date, place, purpose   URPE: Union for Radical Political Economics conf. (August 10 – 13, 2012, at...

Minutes 07-28-2012

Minutes Meeting 7/28/121-Forum (dates, themes & organization, speakers)Dates We discussed the possibility of changing the dates for the Forum and avoid having it the weekend before the elections. This can affect the tone of the discussions and can also coincide with activities held by groups or people that are not still part of Occupy or...

Minutes Meeting 05-19-2012

Minutes of the meeting 05/19 1. Community Gardens Unconference (June 1-3) Thanks Antonio, Suzanna and Gina for taking care of the organization of this event. We paste the tentative program below. Community Gardens – Unconference START IN SOUTH WILLIAMSBURG (specific address to be announced by Antonio) 1pm – Commons & Gardens intro Discussion / Commons...