We would like to address the 4 mentioned questions in each session. Also, we propose some keywords as threads for the different sessions.
At the end of each session we would like to dedicate some time to collect ideas for a toolbox of the commons, which we would like to add later to the common text.
FRIDAY 29, 6 – 10pm
1. Introduction: 6 pm -7 pm
- Reflections about last year’s Forum on the Commons
- This year: what we would like to do?
2. Dinner. Potluck: 7 pm-8 pm
3. Session: 8 pm – 10 pm
- How do communities identify with and participate in the process of commoning?
- How do we envision the future of the commons? What would people like to see?
SATURDAY 30, 10am – 8pm
1. Session: 10-12pm
- How can commoning be a form of resistance to neoliberal privatization?
2. Lunch (Potluck). 12-1pm
3. Session: 1-3pm
- How are people in NYC creating common spaces?
4. Coffee Break: 3-3:30 pm
5. Session: 3:30-6
- How can commoning efforts support and strengthen each other?
6. Potluck Dinner and open assembly: 6-8pm